Monday, March 7, 2011

Editing Others' Wiki Entries

It's been a bit of time since I have last blogged. My apologies. I think that this time of the year where everything comes to a head.

Take one part other school assignments, one part day job, two parts time for family, one part a bad cold and you have a few weeks of silence from me in the blogosphere.

In these past few weeks our class blog has really gained traction and a lot of entries have been added. It seems about half of the class has started editing the wiki. Now there are enough entries that I think we can start editing others' posts instead of just adding new entries.

My goal from this week on is to spend half my time editing and adding to others' posts and the other half adding new content in new content areas. In addition to just editing, I think that our wiki is missing some multimedia elements, so I think that I will also work on augmenting entries with images and videos.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I am a little worried about stepping on other people's toes. I am still a little worried about this, but I guess stepping on toes may be a part of any collaborative process.

What does everyone else think about what a good ratio for adding new content and editing others' entries?

1 comment:

  1. I think you will find that the ratio of editing goes up as the semester progresses. At the end it is mostly editing and tweaking. As you note, this is really hard to get used to, but it is part of real collaboration.

    Chip

    ReplyDelete